For all media and marketing enquiries please contact Britt Measures at McDonald Butler on +44 (0)7770 731352 or email email@example.com
Media background information
- Founded in 1991, RDT has a wealth of experience in developing new automated administration solutions for the insurance market. It began with a Unix-based general insurance system for a Lloyd’s motor syndicate and followed that up in 1995 with the UK’s first on-line website with real time credit card transactions. RDT’s core insurance administration solution has evolved in line with the dynamics of the insurance market and is now branded Landscape.
- Developed on the .NET platform, Landscape is a complete end-to-end insurance administration system which automates back office administrative processes, reducing customer service turnaround time and supporting all business operations from product design, rating, through to policy issue, claims and billing. Complete support for full cycle EDI and bordereaux import/export are also available. The solution supports both personal and commercial lines of business and can accommodate multiple currencies.
- Landscape is a highly flexible solution which can be configured for a wide variety of insurance environments ensuring compliance requirements are addressed. The flexibility of the solution means it can support the launch of new products to market in timescales unheard of with legacy based solutions.
- The reliability and scalability of Landscape, provided in part by Microsoft’s SQL server, means it can support insurance companies of any size, from the smallest to the largest.
- A user friendly solution, with its familiar Microsoft Office look and feel, Landscape empowers business users by enabling them to change rates, add new products, change workflow and commission structures without the input of IT. RDT will implement the solution and train in-house staff to use the system. In tandem, RDT offers Landscape as an ASP hosted solution.
- With its Landscape suite of products RDT is well placed to meet the needs of innovative insurance carriers looking for a variety of electronic placement methods and a desire to use the internet to full advantage. RDT works with a variety of leading insurers including Direct Line Group, Covea, RAA, Carraig, Equity, Highway, Markerstudy and Towergate.
- RDT has also partnered with Kewill, a leading provider of global solutions to the dynamic supply network to address customers’ connectivity issues.
RDT is a Microsoft Gold partner. Landscape has been independently certified for the Microsoft platform by Veritest.
About Mark Bates, CEO
Mark graduated in 1984 with an honours degree in System Analysis.
After a year working for Charles Schwab & Co in San Francisco he returned to the UK and joined Bank of America as a technical consultant, responsible for defining hardware and software standards for the European division. While at Bank of America he was responsible for the development of several dealing systems and the first Europe-wide networked document image processing system.
Mark left Bank of America in 1991 and founded RDT Ltd. His aim was to develop leading edge systems for the insurance industry which would give customers a competitive advantage through the use of innovative software. RDT has since developed integrated insurance systems for the personal lines and commercial markets on the .NET platform.
In 1995, due to the rapid growth and potential of the internet, RDT expanded its services to include internet development, designing software to allow interactive quotations and real time placement of insurance business via the net.
Mark’s passion for technology has always been a significant motivating factor in his career. This passion, coupled with a strong commitment to the insurance industry, continually compels him to seek new ways to innovate. This pioneering attitude is reflected in the constant evolution of RDT’s solutions.
RDT is committed to the Microsoft platform and Mark sits on the Microsoft Partner Advisory Board.